Re: [Off-topic] Just a follow-up to the swapping thing...

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 11/04/97

> ObCircle: Completely hypothetical situation...if, someone--let's call
> him...Bob

        Hehe

> --was thinking about releasing a derivitive of Circle based
> on one of the bpls, that added/removed/changed features.  What are
> some of the features that you think should be added to stock; removed
> from stock; and changed in stock.  Your thoughts, please.  (even my
> ObCircle wasn't all that much on topic :P)  Hypothetically speaking,
> of course.

        Hypothetically answering, because realistically, I would not be
able to do all this.

TO ADD:

        First would be OLC. George (I think) has stated that he wants to
work on making Oasis line oriented as well as the existing menu type. If
so, then I would put this into Stock.
        Alias saving (is this in bpl12?) if not, I know Jeremy has stated
that he does want to add this.
        I honestly would add in races. Heres why (this is different eh
Daniel? :)), I think everyone adds them anyways, and for the most part,
they are the same ones. Dwarf, Elf, Halfings, Gnomes etc. I would though
make it as easy as possible to change names. Futuristic MUDs ofcourse are
not gonna want medieval races.
        All IMM commands can be given out without having to raise someone
to a certain level, so for instance, a level 1 could have OLC ability if
an IMP gave it to him, or anyother command.
        Objects can have spell ability. To me, there is no reason why NOT
to have this.
        Room affects with a settable duration.
        Timer working for objects.

TO TAKE OUT:

        Half the world zones with bad descriptions. I bet you could find
enough people willing to re-write most of them, and make them a lot more
informational.

UP FOR DEBATE:

        I don't think you could add in a Clan system. Thats to much a
feature that should be added by the people wishing it.
        I am not sure about Mobprogs.
        Switch to Ascii Pfiles? I don't know, would have to get tossed
around.

                                                Hows that?
                                                Ryan