Re: Oasis 1.3->1.5

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 11/04/97

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Angus Mezick wrote:

>     George, is there any way you can turn off the blank and extra line
>     catching next time you create a patch like this?  I have seen a great

You sound like my girfriend.  She said the exact same thing. ;)

>     many instances where you just added a couple of spaces or a line or
>     something like that.  I always patch by hand because of how much I
>     have changed and this patch is nasty.  I love the code though,  thanx
>     much for the GREAT olc and the wonderful site.....

If you would rather have a non-whitespace patch (as my earlier patches did
with -BbuprN), I can make you one specially or you can do this (which is
actually all I would be doing myself if you asked for one.)

1) untar two copies of circlemud
2) run configure on both
3) patch one of them (delete *.orig)
4) run 'diff -BbuprN oldcirclemud newcirclemud > newoasis.patch'

  -b  --ignore-space-change  Ignore changes in the amount of white space.
  -B  --ignore-blank-lines  Ignore changes whose lines are all blank.
  -u  -U NUM  --unified[=NUM]  Output NUM (default 2) lines of unified context.
    -p  --show-c-function  Show which C function each change is in.
  -r  --recursive  Recursively compare any subdirectories found.
  -N  --new-file  Treat absent files as empty.

Enjoy.

(And of course, if you have Windows 95, I'll make it for you.)