Re: [Off-topic] Just a follow-up to the swapping thing...

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 11/04/97

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Daniel Koepke wrote:

>->     The ranged weapons patch is a good one to add, so that you don't
>->always have to be up close and personal w/ the mob
>
>I...errr...Bob...would never add patches to a derivitive unless they
>were written solely for BobMUD (if this ever comes to fruition, that

Why make a derivitive?  Is there something Bob feels is absolutely crucial
that is currently not in?  (And what is Bob's last name?)

>might as well be its name; then...Bob...can have a little historical
>section on, "Why BobMUD?" four years from now), and even then, I would
>probably work on my own implemention.

Historical things are great for giving 'character' to a MUD base.

>I was thinking about removing all the stock areas, changing the
>database format (maybe bothering to write a converter :P), and

Do what CircleMUD does with shop files, include both.  It'll probably do
that in the future with world files anyway.

>including a little Limbo-like area in the stock code.  But I don't
>know if that really has the desire affect of making people do
>something creative with their MUD.  I think it'd either make people
>not use BobMUD or force them to bother converting the stock areas.
>Your thoughts (on the matter)?

The people of today like TCM-MUD type bases, Tar, Configure, Make.

This would reduce the number of 'Your MUD name here' instances though.