[CODE] GET_LEVEL(vict) && crash

From: Co-Sysop (dmodem@CYBNETONLINE.COM)
Date: 11/05/97

I was looking throught the code and came across do_kill().  I looked
through it and realized that an imp can kill another imp.  I might just be
bored and looking for something to do but the fact that I can't get this
right is really bothering me.  I can't get the level of vict until there
actually is something in vict.  vict is declared in an if statement.  So
right before I get to the part of the else if stuff that tells the mud to
kill the vict I add in a few lines:
        else if (GET_LEVEL(vict) < LVL_IMPL)
          act(message to player like "Don't kill imps");
I compile, run it, and hop into my mud with my imp and type kill newbie.
And the mud crashes... Newbie is a normal mob (just to make sure do_kill
still works).  In this case vict is a mob.  I haven't tried on a player
yet.  But what I want to know is why would this cause a crash?  I doubt it
is the act() statement because I basically copied another act() statement
and changed the text.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Any flames would
be annoying but that doesn't seem to stop anyone.