Re: Am I alone...? (OLC)

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 11/06/97

>Sent:  Thursday, November 06, 1997 10:20 AM
>To:    CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca
>Subject:        Am I alone...?
>
>Am I the only one who doesn't like OLC? I like to be able to keep track of
>the world, where everything is and what has currently been made. If OLC is
>in, anyone at IMM status and higher goes haywire making stuff and i
>completely lose track of everything...

I don't care much for OLC.
I don't mind off-line editors (dikued) so much, although
I personally write my database files with just a text
editor and building.doc =)

One possible solution to your dilemea is to give OLC *only*
to the IMPs, and instruct them use it only for things like
correcting typos, or exits that go to the wrong place, etc.

So that these problems can be dealt with as they are found,
rather than written down and then forgotten about later ;-)