[HELP!!!!] Stuff won't load!

From: Nathan Ridley (legendd@CYBERELECTRIC.NET.AU)
Date: 12/08/97

I posted previously, but I may not have clearly stated the problem.
First I came across a problem in that I uploaded a new zone (3) with about 30
or so rooms and around 10-20 items and about 15 mobs. All index files include
the correct files and after fixing a few initial format errors, the whole
lot "seem" to load fine. But when I get in, that's when the problem starts.
First of all, you can VNUM {mob|obj} all of the items and get a correct
response, but when you try to load or stat any of them, it says they don't
exist! And on top of that, new olc stuff we create (bar rooms, which seem
to still be fine) decides to not exist as well! (in some cases) You can't
even VNUM these ones, though, even though they're correctly set to load in
their directories. And it's getting worse. It seems as though more
and more stuff is just disappearing! I have lost two shopkeepers now, and
extra
room, more objects, and what's more is, they still exist and by all rights
should be loading! I have a slight suspicion olc may be contributing. I
created
5 new rooms yesterday and suddenly lost a room, a mob and a bunch of items.
The files aren't being corrupted, though. The index files are still all
shipshape, and the wld/obj/mob/shp/zon files are still in perfect shape as
well. I am using OasisOLC 1.6a on circle30bpl12, for the record. We haven't
made many changes yet, just a few config modifications, extra levels and a
special procedure are all so far...

                             H   H EEEEE L     PPPPP   !!
                             H   H E     L     P   P   !!
                             HHHHH EEEE  L     PPPPP   !!