GUI World Builder Using tcl/tk

From: Chuck Carson (chuck@DIGMO.ORG)
Date: 12/12/97

Circle World,

I am contempleting writing a circle world builder using tcl/tk for those of
us in the unix world (however I think tcl/tk is available for windoze now).
I do not have the time to do such a program alone and am seeking anyone else
who may be interested in helping out. Tcl/Tk is about as simple as
programming languages get, (yes, even easier than perl) and it is about the
easiest GUI programming language out there. (yes, even easier than Visual
Basic) If you know perl or C, it will take you about 30 minutes of browsing
through a tcl/tk  book or web site to get up to speed. What gave me this
idea was the Make Zones Fast editor written for the Rom code base. It
generated maps, automatically linked adjacent rooms (so only one side of the
exit was entered) etc...

Some of my preliminary ideas include:

Allow end user customization the their mud by the click of a button(ie..
Suppose they have added the 128 bit vector patch, if so, select this radio
button)
Maybe have the program read from the header files directly
Maybe have balancing tables for mob and object files
Maybe implement a mapper program such as the cartograph utility (my favorite
by the way)
Maybe implement a pfile editing function
Maybe implement a test/help file editor function
You could nearly do all non-code aspects from such a utility (including
stopping and starting the mud)

Just a little thought, looking for something to do over break...

If interested, please mail me directly.

Thanks,
Chuck