Development Style

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 12/16/97

This is slightly offtopic, but not enough to warrant an [OFFTOPIC] in my
opinion.

My question is this:
What development styles do people use?

When I say "development style", I mean:
coding and compiling locally, then uploading to server
doing all coding on remote server
etc...

I'm just curious to find out what the majority of people do.  I do all
coding locally, and I find it to be far better than messing with vi
remotely, which IMHO would be hell to do compared to what I do now.  In
fact, since I do all work locally, with CodeWarrior, I have converted the
MUD to C++ in a matter of a day (with about 4 hours work left).

Im not talking making it compile with C++, I mean, fully converting to
C++, with changing of class names (struct char_data becomes CharData,
etc), integrating almost all the
something_to|from_whatever
(obj_to_obj,etc) into the classes themselves.  Plus making new files
(characters.cp, characters.h, character.defs.h, descriptors.cp, etc), and
reorganizing.  Talking total OO here.  Anyways, doing it locally has made
it very easy for me, plus the ability to test compile as I work.

So, what styles of development are being used out there?

- Chris Jacobson