Flying, Falling, Sinking...

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 01/10/98

Banzai!

 Well I have it done with pulses, It could be done with events tho... :)

anyway, I have solved everything, i hope, that concerns gravity. Players
arefalling if they can;'t fly or if they were flying and their fly ability
was taken away from them, no matter what's the reason. Players take damage
when hitting the ground, depending on how deep they fall, and if object
falls down, it take damage also and it can be destroyed... With swimming
is ike that, I have three water types, shallow water, where you can walk
over, deep water, where you have to swim over and underwater, where you
drown :).

Players affected by waterwalk can walk on the deep water and they won't
sink. players that know skill swimming will be checked time to time and
there would be adice if they succedded the swimming, and they would use
some mv and they would stay aboe the water, otherwise they would sink.
Obects are checked from which material are they made out and then if it's
heavy then sink otherwise they float. :)  it's not that hard to code. And
doing  it with pulses or events players are able to be summoned, recalled
whne they are falling. It's rather nifty feature... And it's fun seing a
player flying around riding a dragon and somebody attacks dragon and kills
it,player falls down from the sky.. and stuff like that... you see players
underwater killing fish, trying not to get drowned or killed by the fish
:) It is fun :) There are also things, that happen automatically, like
player forgetting that he's in the air riding a flying  mob and he
dismounts... and weeeeeeeeeee... :))

 Basically whole thing is very simple, it consists out of quite some
checks where the player is and where the player was and few pulses... :)

David!