Re: Material Types and Weapon types (was Upcoming Patch)

From: X Schiltz (joes@SKIPNET.COM)
Date: 02/06/98

> >You can determine whether or not a weapon is "edged" by its damage message
> >("pierces","slashes", etc are edged, "pounds","hits","smashes",etc are
> >bludgeoning)
>
> Actually, there is an array, er... *was* an array in patch level 11,
> but I can't seem to find it in 12, which indicated which damage types
> were piercing (for purposes of backstabing).  It was just 1 (if
> piercing) and 0 (if not), but could easily have been expanded such
> that 1 = pierce, 2 = slash, 3 = bludgeon.
>
> Is that array still in there?

Don't know if this helps, but I differentiated between different types of
damage by the array in fight.c dam_message(ch,vict,hit_type,dam) or
something like that. Er...wait! No! It's near the top in some struct.
Don't ask me how to get the weapon type out of the object, you can
probably find the answer somewhere in structs.h.
the struct goes vaguely like this
hit     0
sting   1
whip    2

And on and on(about 15) It's up to you to decide which is which,
however(pierce,slash,bludgeon)
(:

\  /
 \/