Re: OLC

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 03/02/98

>> I'd like to recommend it either get its own mailing list, or Oasis
>> be made part of stock circle.
>>
>ugh, bad bad bad horrible idea not everyone wants olc, i for one sure
>don't, for various reasons, mostly a lack of trustable builders and the
>fact that the first mud i immed on had one of the cheatingest bunch of
>imms i've ever ran across.. maybe its just the distrust inherent from
>them.. but personally, i think oasis as stock is a horrible idea.

It would be trivial enough to set up a flag in config.c, say
USE_OLC, which has a value of 1 to turn olc on, and 0 to turn olc off.

I personally would probably not use it either, but with over half the
messages on the list being about OLC, it sends a pretty strong signal
that it is a higly popular and desirable addition.

In any event, take a look at olc.c included with stock.  Obviously,
OLC has been planned to be a part of the standard distribution for
a long time, it has just been a very low priority ;)

So, rather than Jeremy or George spending hours and hours developing
OLC for circle from scratch, it would only make sense to use what is
already out there and is highly popular.