[CODE/IDEA] Invasion/ElectricFence

From: Chuck Reed (creed@I-55.COM)
Date: 03/06/98

Howdy.

With the invasion stuff everyone is talking about, I'm interested in
knowing how often the invasions would take place?  If it's gonna happen
like once a month, then I really think players will get to used to the
coding of the mobs and find easy ways to beat em.
I am not an anti-coding person, but I really think that having actual
people controling the mobs would be best.  I know most people don't have
enough imms on their mud to hold a 'full scale' invasion, but that is where
the fun comes in.  Over the course of your mud's life, there will be
players you think you can trust.  You may offer to select a group of people
to help you in these invasions.  Also, you could tell people to organize a
commitee to ward off the invasion instead of it just being a 'THE MONSTERS
ARE ATTACKING< EVERYONE COME GET EM" type of thing.  Both sides could plan
out battle strategies, etc etc etc.  Well, just my buck and a half's worth.

Now, this ElectricFence thing is quite confusing for me.  I've added the
link to the files in my Makefile, and it compiles great.  Nothing happens
when the game crashes though.  I've run in the background and in the
foreground hoping to see something, but alas, nothing.  The latest thing it
said was in gdb:

lib_so can't be found or something like that.

Argle bargle.

Chuck