Re: [CODE] Corpse Retrieval

From: peter hartman (wart@KUNTRYNET.COM)
Date: 03/24/98

Clark,
  What I and a fellow coder have done is implement an object owner system.
A quick grep of our code shows that we added:

obj_flags.owner (long owner)
#define GET_OBJ_OWNER(obj)   ((obj)->obj_flags.owner)

And then in your various do_get and other fun commands add a check:
if (GET_OBJ_OWNER(obj) != GET_IDNUM(ch)) send_to_char("no.\r\n");

This can be kind of tricky, but it works.  You'll also want to look at
objsave.c, act.item.c, and maybe even fight.c

I can help you out more if you need.
Wart
mud.kuntrynet.com:4000
http://mud.kuntrynet.com/~wart/mud