Re: New OLC.

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 04/15/98

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, John Evans wrote:

>It wouldn't do me much good personally, but I think that this code would
>be a worthy addition and since the parsing the checking routines in db.c
>already exist, I don't see that it would be that difficult to write....
>Then again, I'm probably overlooking many factors in coding it, so it's
>probably harder that what it appears to be.

Well, currently all the db.c routines take a 'FILE '.  They'll all have to
be changed to accept a 'char *' instead.

Not that hard, just a bit of work. (Already have a somewhat finished patch
that does exactly this conversion.)

struct char_data *assassin;
parse_mobile("#-1\nAssassin\nassassin\nAn assassin stands here awaiting his
target.~\nYou can't see anything.~\nanopqr dkp 1000 E\n26 1 -1 5d10+550
4d6+3\n10000 155000\n8 8 2\nE\n", &assassin);

Sort of a pain, and you could create it manually, but it'll have uses.