hedit.patch

From: Del (Panther) (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 04/15/98

The hedit.patch installed half way into my mud, and had to hand patch
the other half. (I know.. you all have been there.. done that too). But
a few problems arose and I have spent too much time trying to figure it
all out. So, I am asking for some help to get me going on to other
things.. :)

Ok.. a few questions.
1. The editor at first did not allow words to be entered as a
   variable on the command line (like "hedit move", but would accept
     "hedit 1").  When a word was entered it would give the output
   which said it didn't get the zone it wanted to save.
   I fixed that problem in olc.c (added "&& != SCMD_OLC_HEDIT" to an if
   statement).
   It now allows editing of the help file that is currently defined
   in the src files.
 a. First problem I can not resolve is, It does not save the Name of
    the new help that is created. (i.e. the Alias)
    ALL the data except aliases are saved in the help file.
    This causes the help file to NOT exist.
    Anyone know where in the OLC.C or HEDIT.C files it actually
    saves the data? so that I can tell it to save the aliases too?
    (please give example as I wont be able to create code to do it,
    I can fix some problems and code so long as I have references)

 b. Second problem I am not sure of. Does the Hedit check the current
    help files for the help word that you try to create? or does it
    check only the .hlp file that is defined in the src files?

2. Since bpl12 has separate help files, has anyone come up with a way
   to tell it via ONLINE which file to edit? Also has anyone come up
   with a way to give it more than one alias (or add aliases to an
   existing help file)?
   The menu options do not give you that oportunity. It might be easy
   enough to adapt (copy) code from the other options to edit/add
   aliases?