Re: Blood left behind

From: Eduo (eduo@CIATEQ.MX)
Date: 04/20/98

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Rasdan wrote:

> Want to add blood left behind from kills to rooms? Try this:

I wanted to do something like this, but with wounded mobs and PCs...

How would the easiest way to do it so you leave a trail of blood behind
you? Either pointing in the direction the mob/PC went or with some way to
know which way was it.

Also, while we're at it... How to leave a specific blood trail depending
on race (er, color or consistency) without using objects? (like the above
snippet, which didn't mess with temporary objects or descriptions).

Just wondering how to implement a pseudo track skill for, say, werewolves
or vampires (I have never implemented these, but like to think how to
expand on ideas). The first would use something akin to smell to track,
while the second would have huge knowledge over blood and would know blood
types and such from looking at it.

Eduo