Re: Circlemud design issues

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 04/21/98

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Sammy wrote:

>If you can think of any other advantages of binary or drawbacks of ascii,
>please let me know.  I'd like this next release of asciification to cover
>most if not all bases so I don't have to touch it again :)

ASCII can be compressed when not in use also. (Can increase speed too if
you have slow hard drive and fast processor.)

If you don't mind including the code in the stock code, I'll wedge it in
future versions. (Barring objections, of course.)  After that, you wouldn't
have to touch it unless you wanted to.