Re: Circlemud design issues

From: James Turner (turnerjh@XTN.NET)
Date: 04/21/98

George <greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG> writes:

> I have changed design, albeit limited.  Remember the main focus is on bugs,
> not design issues at the moment.
>
> >George, why are you so rabidly against change?  From the beginning,
> >you've taken an adversarial approach, and made the argument personal.
>
> I'm 'so rabidly against change' because 3.0 isn't supposed to have major
> design changes.  When we finally move on to further versions, people can
> submit whatever they like to be considered for inclusion. That includes
> things you write, I write, and anyone else.  And on the contrary, I've
> never insulted you personally.

As my original post that started this thread said, my suggestions were
not for 3.0.  Most likely for 4.0, though perhaps some for 3.1.

I at no time said these changes should be incorporated into 3.0.  I
don't believe 3.0 has been mentioned at all in regards to any of
this.  After having gone through 12 (nearly 13) patch levels, it's not
time to be introducing features or design changes into 3.0.

Your tone from the beginning has been adversarial, confrontational, at
times demeaning, and very closed minded.  I am sorry if you've fealt
my comments have attacked you, your code, or the work of anyone else
-- that has not been the intention, and I don't think that anyone
feels that that has been the result.  But we _do_ need to discuss
these things, and Circle's future needs to be well planned.
Development isn't a step-based thing... we need to constantly be
looking ahead into future versions.

--
James Turner               turnerjh@xtn.net
                           http://www.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/~turnerj1/