Re: Circlemud design issues

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 04/21/98

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, James Turner wrote:

>> I'm 'so rabidly against change' because 3.0 isn't supposed to have major
>> design changes.  When we finally move on to further versions, people can
>> submit whatever they like to be considered for inclusion. That includes
>> things you write, I write, and anyone else.  And on the contrary, I've
>> never insulted you personally.

That was in the context of the bpl13 patch, which is 3.0.

>Your tone from the beginning has been adversarial, confrontational, at
>times demeaning, and very closed minded.  I am sorry if you've fealt

As soon as you stop your close-minded 'macros are evil, functions are god',
we can get somewhere. :)

Even I admit that macros are not everything and some macros in CircleMUD
should be functions.  You, however, want nothing to do with any macro at
all. That has been the main point of this debate.  I'm not against you, I'm
actually glad there was a debate for once, it's just too bad I was up
against Andrew's brother.