Re: Houses and Rent?

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 04/27/98

Well....I have a system that works like this:

Houses are all set up with a specific price per RL week on the house.  A
mortal goes to the 'atrium' of the house, and is able to rent the house
out, with an initial payment equal to 3 weeks.  After that, they must pay
at least once a week.  Payments can be made in the atrium itself.  If the
player doesn't pay for a week, the house is 'locked' and no one (the
owner, nor guests) can get in.  After 2 weeks of non-payment, the house
is 'vacated' and all objects within purged.  I will be posting this
snippet later on, but I need to cut it out of the house.c file (I have a
highly modified house.c file, so I have to cut carefully)

---
"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press