Re: just let it drop + Carts

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 05/01/98

1) Could people please drop this stupid topic,  Quinn may be a Twit or not, I
have no idea, But you are giving him more press time than OJ Simpson and what a
colossal waste of time that was.

2) If you have to post to the group on this over annoying topic, please give us
something on topic to talk about... esp since there is a message limit on the
mail server.

3) Alex, please start booting people, and announcing the booting to the list so
that people here get the message.  They are blatently stomping all over the list
rules.

obCircle: (THIS IS WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ADD HERE)

I am pondering adding carts to my mud.  I want to make coins have weight, and
other various economy things, and i wish to have the players work for their
cash.
The debate in my mind is to have them be
1) a special enterable object, with a ch->in_obj obj->driver, and obj->people
and a do_drive command or
2) to have the cart just be pulled by the person in question ch->cart and
obj->puller.
I am leaning towards maybe implementing both.  I like number one because of the
extensibility options.  people climbing into a portable hole and the like. I
like number 2 because of the ease of use and you can hitch your cart up to your
mount.

Any ideas/suggestions?
--Angus