Re: [CODE] [NEWBIE] do_look crashing MUD! :-(

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 05/02/98

On Fri, 1 May 1998, JWoodsIII wrote:

> Angus':
> we MUST have some sort of debugging output to help here. No one has managed
> to build a crystal ball yet. >>
>
>Alright, I've noticed something here and MANY other times on this list. There
>are a few people who seem to LOVE to be rude about things. This must stop. Not
>everything can be helped, and many people are doing their best.

There is a certain point at which people get tired of the 'My MUD crashes
when I do this. Why?' bug reports.  I don't have your original bug report
handy so I'm judging that based on the above comment.  Solution is to run
it under the appropriate debugger, tell us the line it crashes, what the
variables in that function were when it crashed, and the lines of code
around where it crashed.  If you don't have any of that information, you'll
be lucky to get more information than a shot in the dark unless it has been
encountered before.