newbie start room

From: Anthony Rye (ajrye@ONE.NET)
Date: 06/12/98

Does anyone have any ideas how to make a newbie start room and to make a
door in that room only open when they read a object?
i know this maybe newbie, but i wanted the newbie to not be able to leave
the newbie start room till they read an object(Object == My Muds Help
book), I also wanted it to check the newbies site and cross reference with
the other players sites, so this way if the newbie may be a regular on the
mud, it just opens the door. Does anyone have any ideas how to make this
work?