Re: gcc 2.9 Warnings

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 06/17/98

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, d. hall wrote:

>Try using SGI's IRIX IDE compiler, or DEC^H^H^HCompaq's compiler for
>Digital Unix.  Native compilers have alway proven to compile faster,
>tighter executables, but let's face it, gcc is the best bang for the buck,
>and a nice and easy package for cross-compiler support.

They aren't always better.  There's plenty of braindead compilers out there
from UNIX vendors.

Although I have added perks for those who are using gcc with CircleMUD...
(which are disabled when not using gcc)

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://patches.van.ml.org/          | stupidity is not thus handicapped.