Re: Adding to object Flags, what a hassel

From: John Evans (evansj@DATAWEST.NET)
Date: 06/18/98

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Quinn ShadowStalker wrote:

> Ok Ive added in !race flags (Ive got 20 races) plus a few others, and they
> all seem to have worked untill I started assigning all the new flags to
> items (i.e. I'd go for !HIGHLANDER and it'd set the MAGIC flag), and I was
> wondering if anyone knew what was wrong and if so could you please offer
> me some asstiance, thanks in advance.

Make sure that you don't have more than 32 bits that you're trying to
vector unless you've done something to increase the number of bits that
are available (see recent conversations about 128 bit code.)

Make sure that the bits are in the same order as the bit names that you
have defined in constants.c.

Make sure that sprintbit() is stock. There is no reason (that I know of)
to alter that function.

John Evans <evansj@datawest.net>
http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/              telnet://spear.gator.net:1066

--Arthur C. Clarke