Re: Compiling & spec_procs

From: Christopher Avans (parka@CDC.NET)
Date: 06/23/98

  Well MSVC++ will make a default makefile for the project and will
include alot junk you do not need and will be for most part wrong. The
best thing is do do this. Open up a dos window and go into the src dir of
the mud. Then with the proper path to to your msdestd/bin directory in
mind type path c:;c:\windows;c:\windows\commands;c:\msdevstd\bin....
  Note that my directory is c:\msdevstd\bin my friends is
c:\program~1\msdevstd and at work for some reason it is c:\msdev\bin. with
this in mind path with command above. Then copy read the instructions with
the package but in short copy conf.h.win to conf.h and makefile.win to
Makefile.
  Then using the developer studio open the Makefile. Look for these two
lines.......
CFLAGS = /nologo /I. /I\MSDEV\INCLUDE
LIB=\MSDEV\LIB
Again make sure that your directory is called msdev or msdevstd.
For most part it prob is msdevstd. While mailing this i looking around my
manuals and the msdevstd is teh standard edition default directoy and the
msdev is the default directory for two fancy editions.(like my work has)
  And finally I have seen one case where when installed the required
changes to you autoexec and bat file for windows was not changed to
include support for you compiler. So if you get to this point just
reinstall MSVC.
  I seen one or more of these three things solve the listed errors. If
this doesnt help you I am sorry. Perhaps some else can.