Re: [BPLxx] Stopping?

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 07/06/98

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Julian Buckley wrote:

>Just wondering about something...cause Circle's beta "patchlevel" system
>isn't seeming too standardized ---> we were graced with bpl13 a month or
>so ago, bpl14 has just arrived and now there's talk of bpl15 soon?  Didn't
>it take like, a year between bpl11 and bpl12?  Hence, shouldn't the
>current bpl's be "enchancements" to 13/14?  i.e. bpl13b, bpl14_a?  It's
>nearly getting as weird as Windows' version numbering system :)

The only reason we had bpl13a was because of a critical non-compiling
problem. (Due to GCC not warning about (a ? b : c) = foo; construct.)

Otherwise, it's just sequential numbering, nothing more.  The idea is to
not take a year for the future releases though. :)

bpl15 will have autoeq and alias saving barring other occurances.  Jeremy
is on vacation out of the country so don't hold your breath on a release
very soon. :)

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://patches.van.ml.org/          | stupidity is not thus handicapped.