Re: The first of many posts

From: Andrew Ritchie (object@ALPHALINK.COM.AU)
Date: 08/05/98

>Basically (I don't want to give away my full idea), I am starting out with a
>culture.  As a person advances, they reach a stage in which they become a
>'terraformer.'  This terraformer will have the ability to create and implement
>a 'planet' if you will, into the game.  Given what I know about the code, this
>produces quite a large security hole, in that if that terraformer uses
>something along the lines of OLC, in order to create this, it would be
>possible to edit a planet that is not their own.

For this idea, I don't think a MUD code base is really a good idea. Personally
I'd use something like TinyMUX or a MUSE codebase. These code bases come with
an inline programming language, which the various players can use to create
their own little worlds. The worlds can be locked to players, so no other people
can edit\delete them. Hope this helps.

-- Urion.