Re: [BPL11] ITEM_WEAR

From: Ghost Shaidan (ghost@AO.NET)
Date: 08/20/98

> I was wondering if anyone had came up or used the idea of weapons breaking
> or speed factors?

We are in the process of rewriting fight.c to be initiave based, which
allows us to use weapon speeds. (I provided the plan, my genious head
coder is doing the first run through of it code wise).

As for weapon's (and anything else) being breakable, we called it item
durability.

Had to add a couple of values to the obj files, max_durability and
current_durability.  Then you just have to decide how much you want it to
get hurt during what (spells, battle, certain DT's)

Then the fun part, what does damage do to an item?  I have it reduce it's
effectiveness (armor provides less protection, weapons do less damage,
staves and wands have a % chance to explode).

Lots of fun stuff, but the hardest part is figuring out how you want it to
work, not the coding.

Ghost Shaidan