Re: [SPELL] OLC+ 2.0 question

From: Tony Robbins [Kupek] (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 08/20/98

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Mark A. Heilpern wrote:

> At 01:01 PM 8/19/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >Well, here's some news on OLC+.  I've made some modifications to Oasis
> >that I happen to like, which will be included in the package.  The main
> >modification is that OasisOLC uses an OBuild like zone allow/deny policy.
> >
> >This removes the annoyance of only being able to edit one zone, or making
> >an array in the pfile.  Basically, it adds a string to the zone file that
> >is checked to see if your character's name is part of it.
> >
> >Come to think of it, should I change this to become IDnums?  That way,
> >people can't make a mob and switch and stuff?  Hrm.  Not quite done.  :P
>
> Better yet, make it so people can't make mobs high enough level to use
> OLC commands.

That's the conclusion I came to, and never bothered to post.  Besides,
mobiles can't use IMMORT+ commands.  (interpreter.c)

> In a different mailing, you said you were pre-releasing version 2.0 of Oasis;
> is this version number the same 2.0 that George has been working on, or
> are you saying it's v2.0 of OLC+ but still 1.6x of OasisOLC, plus your mods?
> If the latter, I'd reccommend, for clarity, to keep the version number of the
> Oasis package within, since that is the dominant piece of code in there.

OasisOLC, as far as I know, is George's package.  OLC+ 2.0 is just the
second release of my package, which includes his.  All the Oasis
documentation is left intact (minus one line, explaining set <player> olc
<#>), with version numbers.

> Just my 2 gold pieces.

Dear Lord, check your mud-time, Mark!  You've been online for days.  :P

-B.