Re: [IDEA] realtime landscape

From: Tony Robbins [Kupek] (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 08/20/98

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Michael J. Fara wrote:

> I'm just wondering if anyone has ever thought of this, or is in fact running
> a "geographically correct" MUD and knows what I mean?

I've written a storyline for my MUD, and the world itself is going to
follow it nigh exactly.  There's forests, big forests.  It seems to me
that if you took a structure, added some arrays, and made a command that
would build a zone of a certain type:
zautobuild forest 300 3x7

Would make a zone automatically, of type forest, starting from room 300,
and make this area of 3 rooms by 7 rooms dimensions.  Some random numbers
to some arrays of possible description sentences, and you may be all set.

-B.