Re: Some questions ...

From: Tony Robbins [Kupek] (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 08/25/98

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, George wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Tony Robbins [Kupek] wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Yohay Etsion wrote:
> >> 1) I have seen a lot of code going
> >> around in this list , but I haven't
> >> seen any DG-SCRIPTING code of new
> >> triggers , commands and enhancement
> >> of the DG-SCRIPTING language.
> >> Why is that ?
> >
> >Because it's the CircleMUD mailing list, and DG Scripts aren't part of
> >CircleMUD.  Also, check the archive, there has been some discussion.
>
> If we actually did follow that logic, we wouldn't see anything about OLC
> either, now would we? (Since you can consider the stub of OLC in olc.c the
> same as the stub of mob "scripting" in mobact.c or spec_procs.c)
>
> Yes, anything about Death Gate's scripts are fine on the list.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with talking about it (I've talked
quite a bit about them), it's just the reason that it's not the dominant
conversation piece is because it's not the main topic.  I said there was
discussion in the archive.

ObCircle:
I'm working on making a cleaner wilderness system and was wondering what
kind of things people see as influencing how far you can see.  So far I've
thought of:
day/night
level (immort+ see further)
spells (infravision at night, sense life to see ppl on the map)
races (i have a race from hell, that actually starts there.  :P)

Anything else?