Re: Patch/Snippet Resolution

From: Del (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 09/03/98

> lib is for lib files, src is for source files.  it doesn't take much to
> make a patch diff file in a directory higher to include the other
> directories.  Exceptions should be kept to a minimum to prevent bad
> practice.

If src was for source files, I guess thats the reason we have the TODO and
the Changelog in there.. (and what ever else files in there) What about all
those .README's that people include in the patches that get created..

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with placing the credits file in this
directory as you can easily note WHO wrote which parts of the "source code".
Kind of like the top 5-10 lines of every src file.

We can probably argue on the concept of which files belong in the src
directory and which belong in the lib directory for days.. My point is, to
eliminate confusion, not having to move up a higher directory to include ONE
file, and people's forgetfulness..
Move the credits file to SRC directory. If the patch fails on the Credits
file.. its Much easier to copy and paste the line that got rej'd and move
on.. than it is to change directories, figure out the name (and email if need
be) of the coder, add it to the credits, change directories back to src and
continue..