Re: OLC

From: The Fractal Dimension Administration (fracdime@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 09/12/98

So, said Andrew Ritchie <object@ALPHALINK.COM.AU>:

> The thing is getchar() and putchar() and functions used to get/put characters
> from the actual computer. You cannot use these functions, unless you want to
> stuff up your MUD, because we want to send and get information through a
> TCP socket, not over a terminal. That is why you can't simply use the printf()
> function, too.

Depends on what you want to use printf() for. :) for Debugging
messages it works just fine, but log is better because you can put
all the variables together into one line of code.
| The Fractal Dimension    --    "Nonexistent mud of the year" |
|      http://fractal-dimension.home.ml.org (unfinished!)      |