Re: [IDEA] losing limbs (EXPLICIT) ;p

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 09/17/98

>  When I added this in the ptesters suddenly started taking notice of
> what armour they wore where. A ring that adds a base 50 to the AC isn't
> going to be as effective as a pair of iron shod boots which adds 50 to
> the AC of a player's feet. People paranoid of the assassin's blade
> wore heavy armour on their back to protect against backstabs.
>
>  Done properly this kind of thing works really well, but I know
> exactly how you feel about scaring the players off.
>
> -> Ben

With the different armor positions, Body armor being the largest part..
This would be different in code where a character wearing some kind of
plate armor would have a higher resistance to backstab than one wearing
nothing/leather.

Does anyone have code on this idea? Would like to get an idea of how to
add something along that lines to my mud eventually..