Re: Quasar Hosting

From: Marc Gale (MARC@BGC.AC.UK)
Date: 09/22/98

> I may not be able to code, but i am one heck of a unix man.  I can run and
> maintain many flavors.  I dont have to know C, in order to run a server.
> Just check out the homepage.  It is very proffesional.
> http://www.quasarhosting.com
>
> -Chad

First of all, thank you for your information about a MUD host, some
of the people on this list might not have a host and will be looking
for one.

It is true that you do not need to be able to code to run a server,
it also looks like you do not need to know how to spell or maintain
english grammar rules.

I, used in the personal reference should be capitalised,
and professional only has one 'f'.  I'll let you off as this is an
email and people tend to get lazy in emails.

I had a look at the site and it looks rather pretty.  However,
professional sites, whichever spelling you use, shouldn't have errors
like this on the front page.

> -Welcome to Quasar Hosting-
> Currently all of the machines at Quasar Hosting are AMD-K6-2 300mhz,
> 256mb of ram, 14gig hard drive, and linked directly to a T1. The
> first 30 customers get a discount of $10 dollars for the first
> month. We try to keep our prices reasonable and are finishing up the
> web page as we speak, so if you have any questions are comments
> please email the sysop.

questions 'are' comments?  Should that be 'or' perhaps?

Sorry to moan, but I hate people that stand up and claim to be
wonderful, when they should clearly be looking for some humility.

Marc