Re: Query #2

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 10/18/98

Close, but not quite.  The actual situation is that I placed the function
is_name() as an exact duplicate of stock CircleMUD's isname(), to avoid the
situation where a MUD administrator drops abbreviations code in without
contemplating the effects.

Now, I did *NOT* include the abbreviations in with the OLC+ package.
Rereading that passage brings one to the conclusion that the situation of
adding abbreviations is accounted for, and as long as you don't modify the
OLC+ function, you'll be fine.

At least the README was read.  :)

-B.

Oh, and on another note, I'm thinking of releasing a new version of OLC+ (I
think I'll change the name though, as to not confuse people with the whole
Oasis != OLC+ situation).  The main addition will be commandline OLC for
redit, medit, and oedit.  I am not positive as of yet if I'll do it--school
is killing me.