AFF_XXX, IS_AFFECTED & affected_by_spell()

From: Fizal (amustapa@YAHOO.COM)
Date: 11/01/98

Okay, just to warn everyone, I'm going to start rambling here.... Just
want to clarify something. 2 things actually.

a) Is there another use for AFF_XXX besides:
- checking if player/mob is affected by certain spell (ie: sanct) or
doing certain skill (ie: sneaking).
- setting mob to be affected by certain spell (ie: sanct) or having
certain skill (ie: sneaking).

b) What's the difference between IS_AFFECTED and affected_by_spell()?
I mean, besides the fact that one is a macro and the other is a
function :P  I mean, can the function be used in place of IS_AFFECTED?

Thanx

==

Afizal Mustapa
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia