Re: reroll stats

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/25/98

Kjell Thomas Pedersen wrote:

> There are too many wanna-be-mud-admins running muds these days, with NO clue
> what a C program looks like, that's the problem.

This argument comes up over and over!

There are too many people out there that confuse CODING and RUNNING a
mud these days. They are NOT one in the same. I will not disagree that
the person running the mud should also code it, but it does not have to
be the case. As I ran a mud for 2 years without coding one thing in it
or even knowing how. It was very successful, and a great learning
experience. I am now coding a different mud and learning a lot. There
has been many more experienced coders in this list that say basically
the same. They learned C from playing with Circle code. For those who
have (or can) learn the code easily and make improvements on any aspect
of the code, I admire them. Even the newbies!
Can we atleast all agree that you can be a coder by playing with the
Circle code, or atleast manipulating what code is available and be able
to get the results you want?
(meaning anyone, experienced or newbie)