Re: Attempting to become quest friendly

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 02/27/99

Adrian wrote:

> >I am attempting to add a quest system into my MUD where the quests themselves
> >are scored.  The games I am attempting to install are paintball, laser tag,
> >capture the
> >flag, battle royale, and a few others....
> >
> >If you have any ideas as to how I might implement this... please respond, I'm
> >interested in seeing what everyone has to say (because most of the people
> >working on my MUD haven't the slightest clue as how to implement these)
>
> well, I'm not sure how you'd impliment paintball and laser tag, but for
> battle royale, you could just create a weapon that they must have equipped
> upon entering, and this weapon does an instant death spell or something on
> the victim.
> for capture the flag, all you really need are two items called flags, and a
> few hiding places in the zone... set up two statues(or something) in the
> zone, one for red, and one for blue(or whatever) then create a new command
> called something like 'win' that searches the room for the statue, and the
> player's inventory for the other player's flag... oh, and you'd have to
> impliment sides somehow, just make it so that when they enter the zone, a
> new PLR flag(or whatever) that lets the mud know which side they're on...

How about a command "capture" and to check the room to see if the flags
are present. (and check which team your on)
Getting flag, check player if opposing team and flag of opposite team.
(to keep your own team from getting the flag and holding it)
For teams, the player can not participate until they are flagged part of
a team.
Choosing teams, command "Team 1" or Team 2" (something similar) then a
check to see in code if flagged team X.
Maybe a command to see who has flags, that way if a thief is playing
they can track em?
Maybe another check, If not part of a team, they can not be killed or
kill.
One other option, find a way that others can not get things from corpses
(except thier own) in the zone. To keep others from taking things that
dont belong to them. (or if in a room that people get killed alot, they
dont accidentally get all all.corpse and have to sort eq out)