Re: [CODE] Players Getting Cut Off!

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 04/09/99

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Phil Durand wrote:

>SYSERR: Perform_socket_read: about to lose connection: No such file or
>directory.
[...]
>I have written about this 3 times now, and have gotten NO responses.

Because ENOENT is not a documented error code for the read() function.

Futhermore, I cannot find any place in the Linux TCP/IP code that could
return ENOENT on read().  Some ioctl()'s yes, but not read.  Don't see a
place in the C library either. So I conclude you probably aren't using
Linux and as such I can't help.

I'm guessing Windows?

--
George Greer            | CircleMUD Snippets
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://developer.circlemud.org/snippets/