Re: [CODE][SNIPPET] Exp Tables (Circle30bpl15)

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 05/01/99

On Sat, 1 May 1999, Mark Vanness Jr. wrote:

> I dont know if you all feel the same way as I do, but I got tired of
> adding to the level_exp table array after 150 or so levels........
> So I wrote a little thing to shorten the job.

A better solution, IMHO, is to make each level actually worth something.
That is, make getting to the next level a real achievement and reduce the
number of levels.  You don't need thirty levels if it takes six months to
get to level fifteen.  And you don't end up looking exactly like all the
other DIKUs around.  I think a fifteen level MUD that requires both
experience and quest points to achieve each level would be much more
enjoyable than a 200 level MUD.  And probably more challenging and
fulfilling.

-dak : Rebuild rather than add on to a bad foundation.