Re: [NEWBIE] Color

From: Phil Durand (phildurand@home.com)
Date: 05/02/99

> I am in the process of adding colors to my item/player flags. my first
> question is there a way to add color to strcat(). i wasnt able to find a
way
> to add color to that so i changed the strcat to sprintf() on the
> show_obj_to_char, but on the list_one_char it doesnt seem to work. when i
> make virtually the same changes to try to add color to the player flags,
then
> the players dont show up when you 'look' in a room. the room appears to be
> empty but if they cough or whatever you see them do that and you can
examine
> them. ive been trying many different modifications to make this work and
cant
> seem to find it. if anyone has some suggestions on how to add color to
> playerflags i would appreciate it

First suggestion I will give to you, is study the code, because it doesn't
sound like you know what you are doing. If you change a strcat() to a
sprintf() then you simply writting the string over the last one, instead of
ADDING it, that is why you are getting no mobs displayed in your rooms,
eventhough they are really there.

Get a help index of some sort, and read up on sprintf and strcat, there are
several others too. Once you learn C++ then you can check out MUD code. Or
if you want to learn doing muds, then I suggest you get a Good book, or a
great online help index to help you with each command that you see in the
code.