Re: Request for Opinions

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 05/26/99

> Greetings All.
>
> I'm considering setting up a mud as sort of a Mud University.  The concept
> is to give people who want a place to come learn to build to have a mud
> they can apply to and be able to start learning the basics without being
> under the pressure to produce.

(this is all my opinion, so take it as such)

        It's a nice idea, but perhaps a bit idealistic.  Most mud admins
do enjoy having a bit of experience for their building staff, but it still
comes down to a different layout/option/rule set from anywhere else.  Any
head builder that I know of will also want to have their own restrictions
on a developing a zone, and aside from that, the individual balance of
each mud is a learned thing.

        What do you get then, from a mud university?  A mental stretch
for writing skills maybe?

        No offense, but I don't think it will be a place that gathers much
traffic.

                                                        PjD