Re: New snapshots

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 07/05/99

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Chris Jacobson wrote:

>I'd think the least impact would be for the pager to simply always copy
>the string to a temporary holding buffer.  Granted it increases memory
>usage when people are viewing something, but that isn't often enough to
>have an impact compared to the other memory allocation going on.

That feels more like a "workaround" than a "fix" to me.  If we were going
that route, we might as well remove the internal flag to the pager since
most everything will be allocated anyway.

Of course, in the current method you get 'Okay.' and it might not do
anything.  You'll need to check what you reloaded to see that it's really
there.  I thought about making it say _who_ was reading it (to help: force
X q) but the idea slipped my mind at the time.

--
George Greer            | Stock CircleMUD Bug Reporting or Help
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://bugs.circlemud.org/