Re: compiler error

From: Peter Ajamian (pajamian@access1.net)
Date: 08/12/99

Chris Proctor wrote:

> The "/* within comment" error in my experience has been due to an attempt
> to nest comments.
> That might be ok in a windows compiler, but nesting comments on Linux.
> The most common reason for me doing this myself is commenting out a swathe
> of code that I'm rewriting, and not noticing there's a comment within the
> swathe.
>
> Even if you "correctly" nest comments (/*  blah /* blah2 */ */) it will
> complain loudly.

While this may be the case, I would tend to think that the compiler would have
complained about a parse error (when it runs across the second */) in
structs.h, however, according to the original poster's output, there was no
such error.  Also from what the output is showing it looks like a lot of
#defines are missing from mobcmd.c (which would happen if the OP accidentally
deleted a */).

Regards,

Peter