Strange Compiler Message

From: Chuck Carson (ccarson@phi.org)
Date: 08/22/99

I have moved the functionality of roll_real_abils into nanny() during
the char creation process and this works fine. My next step was to
apply racial bonuses to new characters. I created a void function in
class.c and called this function from within do_start.
Here is the function definition:

void apply_racial_bonuses(struct char_data * ch);

The function is real basic:
void apply_racial_bonuses(struct char_data * ch)
{
   switch (GET_RACE(ch)) {
     case RACE_DWARF:
           GET_CON(ch) += 1;
     ..... and so on
}

Here is what the compiler says:
anarchy:/home/Current/src ===>make
make ../bin/circle
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Current/src'
gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall  class.c
class.c: In function `do_start':
class.c:8440: warning: implicit declaration of function
`apply_racial_bonuses'
class.c: At top level:
class.c:10065: warning: type mismatch with previous implicit declaration
class.c:8440: warning: previous implicit declaration of
`apply_racial_bonuses'
class.c:10065: warning: `apply_racial_bonuses' was previously implicitly
declared to return `int'

I have done a complete clean compile and have searched throughout the code
for another function
called apply_racial_bonuses. I have this function defined at the top of both
class.c and interpreter.c.
(Although I added the define to interpreter.c after I started getting these
errors)

Any ideas?
Chuck