Re: Strange Compiler Message

From: Xual (xual@danathara.dhs.org)
Date: 08/23/99

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Chuck Carson wrote:

> Okay, I will check this gain but I have triple
> checked this code. It is a really simple void
> function, of which I have already added probably
> 10 other to this file that work fine.

You are sure that you prototyped it at the top of the file?  Something like:

void apply_racial_bonuses(whatever arguments it takes);

If you call a function before it appears in the code, the compiler will
assume that it returns an int.  You could probably get away with moving the
function above all calls to it, but the proper method is to prototype it, as
above.
--

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.dhs.org:4000