Re: [CODE] Bits in general

From: Del (caminturn@earthlink.net)
Date: 03/20/00

> > I have literally spent the entire day reading the list archives
> > (approximately 300 posts on the subject) to determine the best course of
> > action for adding flags past the first 32 of a type one way or another to my
> > mud code.  I have come across three solutions.

<scratch and snip>

> > 3.  Use bitfields, as so proudly proclaimed by Mr. Edward Glamkowski on at
> > least three or four dozen different emails.  I've looked at the patch code
> > for adding 128 bits, and would love to look at the code for the bitfields,
> > but unfortunately I can't find the newer version of the patch anywhere on
> > the ftp site (I read about one created for bpl15) and can only find one
> > created for bpl8, which again really doesn't help me much 8 patch levels
> > later.  If Mr. Glamkowski ever did make a patch for this as he mentioned he
> > would on at least half those emails, I can't find it.  If anyone out there
> > has any newer code for bitfields, I'd love to see it, especially if it would
> > work with Oasis.

I found it somewhere, and have it on my harddrive. I got a large
collection of snippets/code
over the last few years, mostly before the developer.circlemud.org site
got set up. That was
when George maintained Alex's snippets and older snippets on two
separate pages.
The bitfields looks like it was made for BPL15:
diff -Naurp ../15orig/src/act.comm.c ./src/act.comm.c

If it is not on developer.circlemud.org (snippets) nor on the
ftp.circlemud.org sites, email
me personally and I will send ya a copy.