Re: extract_obj

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 04/02/00

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Edward J Glamkowski wrote:

>Phew!  the ftp site is back to normal - good April Fool's joke guys :)

We also had to tell the guy from a MUD News site not to post it.  We're
glad he asked first!

>I missed last year's so I was taken in ;) But the job offer I made to
>Chris and Tony is still good (it was legit)!

Well, it had some good out of it, that's what matters most.  Well, actually
the fits of laughter we had probably matters most, but that's a nice
addition. :)

>Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like there are quite a few
>calls to extract_obj() where right before making that call, there is a
>call to obj_from_xxx() and that obj_from_xxx() call is superfluous as
>extract_obj() makes the appropriate obj_from_xxx() call.
>
>Specifically, we have get_check_money() in act.item.c, reset_zone() in
>db.c, and mag_materials() in magic.c that all do this.

Good point, but rather harmless.  It's the "I'm not doing it personally,
but if you send me a patch I'll apply it" sort of thing.

--
George Greer            | Sammy's Code - OBuild
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://users.ticnet.com/samedi/code.html